My Memories of Bemis
My Memories of Bemis, Tennessee
The Bemis Historical Society is in the process of collecting data for a book
about life in Bemis, Tennessee. We would like to include your memories.
Please respond to the following and mail to
Bemis Historical Society, P.O. Box 9266, Jackson, TN 38314-9266 attn: Carolyn Davis
1. Time line of my association with Bemis.
2. My Bemis ancestors (give name, relationship, year came to Bemis, job at Mill or other facility, interesting information pertaining to this individual).
3. Address(es) of my place(s) of residency in Bemis.
4. Special memories:
School, Church, Christmas, Leisure time, Special occasion
5. Describe the daily routine in your home in Bmeis when you were growing up.
6. Did your family have a garden? If so, when, where and what was your responsibility?
7. Did your family have livestock? If so, when, where were they kept and what was your responsibility?
8. Give your memories of the following:
Iceman, Slop collection, Trash collection, Bathroom facilities, Bus service, Company Store, Drug Store, Home upkeep and maintenance (if you lived in a Village house), Strikes, War time, 50 Year Celebration, Other.